ossc library procedures and rules
1. Only current OSSC members may borrow library
2. TO FIND MATERIALS: Most items are numbered. There are
two lists you can review:
• Holdings in numerical order
• Holdings in alphabetical order by author
You’ll find things in numerical order on each shelf. Check
each shelf to see if the material you want is on hand.
4. TO SIGN OUT MATERIAL:
• Write your name and complete telephone number clearly on
the card in the book pocket, usually on the inside front cover.
• Place the card in the envelope labeled for this purpose
in the cabinet. Do not take the card home with you.
5. TO RETURN MATERIAL:
• Find the card you left behind in the cabinet. Strike
thru your name with a single stroke, and initial the card.
• Return the card to the book pocket.
• Place the book in numerical order on whichever shelf it
fits most easily.
• All items are due back the following month.
6. Many other reference books and journals are available but
not stored in the small cabinet. You can check the listings saved in the
envelope on the inside cabinet door or
search the online database to see if we have what you’re seeking.
• In general, journals are not released; you’ll have to
review them here during the meeting.
• Reference books may be used on site or loaned out.
Remember, they are very expensive.
You can save money AND help OSSC by clicking on the Amazon.com logo above to shop at Amazon.com. OSSC will receive a small percentage of the money you spend, at no additional cost to you!