how to join
in the Orchid Society of Southern California is open to all. Membership dues
are $30.00 per year per household, payable in January of each year. New members
may join at any of the monthly OSSC
, or can download and print the
membership application from
and send it to the address on the
(You will need the free
Adobe Acrobat reader
to view and print this document). Membership
renewals and changes of address can also use this form. Persons joining OSSC in
November or December will have their membership in force for the full following
year. Persons joining between July 1 and October 31 pay the half-year rate of
Members may optionally purchase a personally engraved OSSC name tag
for $7.00 apiece. Members wearing their name tag are eligible for
a special drawing during the evening's raffle.
benefits of membership
Membership in the OSSC includes the following:
- The OSSC newsletter, mailed or
emailed to you monthly. The newsletter contains information about
OSSC activities, informative articles, an orchid event calendar,
results of the orchid judging at the previous meeting, orchid
culture tips, photos from OSSC events, and much more. Members opting
to have the newsletter mailed via the postal service will incur a
$20/year surcharge to cover the society's cost of printing and
- Monthly talks from worldwide orchid experts.
- Use of OSSC's outstanding Reference
- Opportunity to win beautiful, quality orchids in our monthly
- Participation in the special "members wearing their badges"
raffle drawing that precedes the regular raffle drawing.
- Discounts from various vendors toward purchases of orchids and
- The opportunity to network with other local orchid enthusiasts
on a regular basis, including amateurs, advanced collectors, and
- Participation in OSSC's annual Holiday Party and Picnic.
- The ability to join us in field trips to out-of-town orchid
vendors and events.
- IN ADDITION, new members will receive $5 worth of raffle tickets
for that meeting's raffle.
Beginning July 2011, new members and their sponsors will receive a
certificate good for a free 1-gallon Cymbidium orchid, courtesy of
You can save money AND help OSSC by clicking on the graphic above to shop at Amazon.com. OSSC will receive a small percentage of the money you spend, at no additional cost to you!